Monday 20 June 2011

30 Day Challenge - TV Shows

So here we go again, 30 days (probably not one after the other) of ramblings about TV shows.

As with many of these challenges it starts with one of the harder subjects; Your favourite TV show.

Now, like many things, favourites change with age and time. When I was younger my favourite TV shows would have been very different to today, they probably have one thing in common, they'll be American rather than British - sorry Blighty but we just don't don't do things as well as our cousins across the pond.

I think my first real favourite was Angel - http://youtu.be/rwgxne3tzZw. It was a spin off from Buffy The Vampire Slayer which too was a regular watch. Angel though took this up a notch, it was darker, slightly more edgy and had a lot of action. The twists and turns in the plot were great and the interplay between the Angel & Buffy world added that extra depth and excitement. The kind of excitement you get when a character from CSI turns up in another CSI.

I bought the box sets on VHS for the series, and then another series and so on. Mrs. Nik and I would watch the series religiously.

As the TV world changed I found myself gripped by many series, X-Files, CSI (all of them), Law & Order:SVU, The Mentalist, Hawaii Five-0, Cougar Town - the list goes on.

So what's my favourite today, Dexter perhaps (it's awesome), Made In Chelsea (!!!!), Game of Thrones (Epic), Blue Bloods (Brilliant), The Chicago Code - ooo wait a minute that is probably one of my favourite shows at the moment. It's edgy, funny, written extremely well and captivates from the first watch.

But no, I'm going to follow the rule I thought up when I began writing and it relates the purchasing of TV series.

The only one I have purchased in recent years and I still find totally mental and brilliant at the same time has to be http://youtu.be/hE8wwYzKJOs

And no it's not just because of Anna Paquin!

So I'm looking forward to the challenge and rambling about likes and dislikes of the TV world - feel free to interact :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment