Friday 17 June 2011

New Challenge - Coming Soon

So after a while away and a few people asking when the next blog is due, my return to the blog is nigh.

I have finally decided on my next subject and challenge to rant about, write about, bore you with and start discussions with - Television.

It is fair to say that before the invention of Cable & Sky, and to a degree Channel 5 I watched very little television. As a child I always managed to watch those fabulous Saturday afternoon obligatory shows such as The A-Team, Knight Rider, The Fall Guy, Airwolf and earlier than this I remember catching black & white shows such as Batman and Flash Gordon.

In fact as I type other shows are popping into my head like Buck Rogers and the original Battlestar. After my younger years though and certainly during college and beyond my TV enjoyment waned. I have never liked Soap Operas, was not an avid Doctor Who fan, avoided Agatha Christie and have never really enjoyed the TV game show.

So for a while my love of TV was, well, gone.

As I got my own place and was introduced to Cable TV things began to change, new shows found there way into my brain, shows that I have stuck with for some time, some have gone forever (L!ve TV).

So the next challenge will open the lid on my likes and dislikes of the TV world. No doubt some opinions will divide and hopefully some will bring up memories of great shows. Perhaps other posts will encourage people to try a show.

So off for a commercial break - see you in a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment