Tuesday 21 June 2011

30 Day Challenge - TV Shows

Least Favourite show.

It's only natural that we would go immediately from Favourite to least favourite in the turn of a blog.

It's fairly easy for me to choose a show or in this case shows that I dislike. The whole industry of these shows is something that I just don't get. They dominate TV schedules throughout the week, only to then dominate in massive blocks at the weekend. A total waste of licence fee payers money to have these shows repeated so often.

Christmas can be ruined by these shows who have somehow managed to become the event of the year for some people who wait with baited breath to see what depressing tragedy can befall a character. (Oh and now to top off my rant and annoy me even more Radio 2 in its wisdom is playing Mariah Carey's Hero - arrrrggghhh!)

I am of course talking about Britain's beloved Soap Opera (I think they have a posh title now at the award ceremonies).

I have just never understood the passion for these shows. It's all so depressing. OK they highlight some important issues in the world and this in turn probably helps millions of people - but isn't that just summing up the problem - help has to come from the TV and not from the real world. That is something that makes me feel sad about the state of the country (and that's another blog entirely).

I am lucky in my home that Mrs. Nik also doesn't watch the soaps, I fear that the Sky+ box would be permanently full with the omnibus show plus the daily shows. I mean how would we find time to watch these plus all the American Dramas we watch (which are probably just glorified and glossy soaps really!).

Actually that's given me a great idea - we'll send Dexter to Albert Square, he'll realise that they should all end up in the water and then the CSI teams, no Horatio though - not enough sun in London for those sunglasses, can come in a clean up the mess - brilliant.

CSI EastDexter - I can hear CBS calling now...

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch them either and have not ever really understood what makes them so addictive? I think life challenging enough without actually watching the worst bits get regurgitated on TV, I watch TV to get away from the daily drudge, not be reminded of it with some wooden acting!

    ReplyDelete