Wednesday 17 August 2011

30 Day Challenge - TV Shows

Favourite Documentary.

All I can say for this one is please read this previous post which mentions Ross 'I used to be in a Soap Opera :-(' Kemp's Extreme World http://nikpriestley.blogspot.com/2011/06/30-day-challenge-tv-shows_24.html

The next category I have almost nothing to say as it is entitled Favourite Sports TV Programme.

Now most of my friends will know that I am not a great fan of sport. That's not to say I don't appreciate sport and can enjoy the spectacle of a good game. I have been known to watch football and enjoy the game but I am not a football fan, in fact I am the complete opposite to a fan really.

I do enjoy Rugby, it's more aggressive on the pitch and much more refined in the terraces - no seriously, you can have a beer whilst watching the game and be surrounded by fans of both teams whilst experiencing no tension of aggravation. Imagine if you can - drinking a beer whilst watching a Millwall match wearing a Chelsea shirt; oh and the fans are all mixed. Bliss!

In occasionally watch Formula One but only ever really last a few laps either at the beginning or the end of the race, I have never managed a full race.

I never used to enjoy Snooker until a friend (who designs bespoke furniture - blatant plug https://twitter.com/#!/TwinDesignukhttp://www.twin-design.co.uk/) introduced me to Judd Trump. He was a breath of fresh air to a relatively slow and measured sport. He played Snooker like a Pool player - The Colour of Money anyone!

When I was younger I did watch some sport (well one sport - the other is entertainment) on a Saturday morning. If I was experiencing a hangover, on very few occasions; I enjoyed watching Football Italia and revelling at their goal of the week/month which usually included a player flipping over mid-air, followed by a double twist and then heading or kicking the ball into the net from the half ay line - typical flamboyant Italians.

The second "sport" was wrestling! Spandex, rock music, long hair, bad dialogue and choreographed moves - highly entertaining. Triple H, The Undertaker, The Rock - good times!

So as for favourite Sports programme, I really don't have one. I guess the show that came close to being a favourite was The Contender with Sly Stallone. This show brought together two teams of opposing boxers who each week would work as a team to beat the other in numerous challenges. At the end of the show, two boxers would fight and the loser would be eliminated. It was mostly a reality TV show but had the element of sport in to sneak in under this category. The other bonus was that it was often on late at night after you had got home from the pub - perhaps that is why i enjoyed it so much. In addition it was hosted by Rocky - how cool was that.

The show brought all the elements needed to grab you, sad stories, drama, tears and laughter - even the hardest boxer at times would shed some tears, it also had boxing every week.

I'm sure if you look online there are episodes to watch and perhaps when you get in from the pub you could enjoy one too.

http://youtu.be/egDhTAMfpW0






No comments:

Post a Comment