Tuesday 28 June 2011

30 Day Challenge - TV Shows

Favourite Actor.


I always get stuck when being asked to single out any particular individual in any given field.


Let us take for example your favourite action movie star - would you choose Sly, Bruce or Arnie. The evidence itself is hardly helpful either.


Sly starred in (and yes I know he wrote & directed etc... what a clever boy!) Rocky (all of them) which were give or take a few marvellous films, he also starred in Rambo (all of them) which again were the epitome of action films. Don't get me wrong, he also had Throw Mama of a Train or something like that so it's not all great.


Bruce starred in Die Hard (all of them) which took the action movie into new vest wearing heights. He strung together hits like The Last Boy Scout and Striking Distance (Hmmm) but yet again there are worrying moments like Colour of the Night.


Arnie is the Terminator - 'nuff said. But he did do Last Action Hero.


So could you choose?


Then there are singers, who has the best voice in the world of Heavy Metal? Actually that one is easy it's Corey Taylor from Stone Sour & the mighty Slipknot - why? Because he can scream and sing with equal awesomeness (all hail to Tenacious-D).


Here are two examples showing the skill in both for those who have never heard a Slipknot song;


http://youtu.be/ZPUZwriSX4Mhttp://youtu.be/LXEKuttVRIo


So when it comes to TV actors I'm not sure if I can choose a favourite. I like William Peterson a.k.a. Gil Grissom and I like Gary Sinise a.k.a. Mckenna Boyd Taylor II (no I didn't know that what was Mac was short for either!).


I like Ross, Chandler and Joey (although Joey edged it for me until the solo series).


I like Homer and Bart.


So if I had to choose then I would go for two actors who are both British and have made a huge impact on America. One has the edge no doubt, but in their own ways they are equally brilliant.


Of course their unhinged aspect is in both characters, slightly mad, definitely with screws loose and yet equally outstanding in their fields.


Neither is particularly likeable and yet we go with them, root for them and follow them down their dark roads without question.


They are genius actors;


http://youtu.be/4AG5uJlzKZ8


http://youtu.be/LH5Ih4T0QGE

No comments:

Post a Comment