Monday 27 June 2011

30 Day Challenge - TV Shows

Sunshine, sunshine everywhere - damn it's hot!

So what TV show can I quote the best, that is todays challenge question.

Tough one this as I don't spend a lot of my time quoting TV. Movies? Well that's another story. I mean who hasn't spent a large proportion of their time quoting Star Wars, or Lock Stock & Snatch.

These films have great dialogue, like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction they are designed to quoted.

My parents once said to me (I'm sure it is a staple parent phrase - like if I have to tell you to clean up your room one more time - you know the ones!); "If you could remember your maths as well as your films".

I think I probably chose films in the end.

So are there TV shows that I quote. "I love it when a plan comes together"; "I pity the fool" - these are more like catchphrases and so beg to be quoted. Jean-Luc would always say "Make it so", there is the famous "Book 'em Danno". And let's not forget "I'll be back" - oh wait I'm back to films again - doh!

"Doh!" - another famous catchphrase.

I know what I am a fan of and that's C.S.I. Over the years it has delivered some killer one liners related to the crimes they discover but one man has taken these to another level.

Detective Horatio Caine - the king of cheesy one liners. The ace of sunglasses. The Miami Detective who is basically the right hand of God and could contact the President to catch a bad guy.

It is by far the cheesiest of the C.S.I. franchise and yet is the most successful spawning C.S.I. New York and entering it's 10th Season.

If you have no idea what I am referring to or simply wish to revel in the draw dropping one liners, enjoy this:

http://youtu.be/_sarYH0z948

&

http://youtu.be/glvGfQnx3DI - quality :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment