Monday 11 April 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 5

Favourite movie love story.

I was going to choose Romeo & Juliet - the Baz Luhrmann version which I think is fabulous. I remember watching it again a few years back and Mrs. Nik came home and said, "Why are you watching that again, they both die at the end so you know what happens!" - whoops SPOILER ALERT!!!

I said, "Bloody hell" - I had genuinely got caught up in the story once again and had forgotten! Duh.

The story I am choosing for this one has to be one of my favourite films. It stars the son of a legend who also died before their time like his father.

It is a love story from start to finish, a revenge movie but with heart, a movie with comic undertones but filled with sadness. It overcomes the sadness with hope and love prevails in the end.

Now, I'm not considered 'an old romantic' but I love this film. The graphic novel it comes from is also one of the best graphic novels I have read.

http://bit.ly/goqaV8

http://youtu.be/hyr5WdrEvGI

The soundtrack also rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment