Tuesday 5 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 30 (1 day late!)

So this is it, the end of the 30 Day Song Challenge. In a way I'm kind of sad (not for doing it thank you!) as it has been great fun writing and rediscovering music from my past.

I've revisited some 'Hair Metal', enjoyed some Rap music once more and continued to play my favourites.

This last challenge wants me to think back this time last year and choose a favourite song from what is now April 2010.

Looking through the album releases in April 2010, I know for certain that no favourite songs came from releases by Kate Nash, Foxy Shazam (!?) or Meatloaf (still releasing records).

So what was released that I listened to and very much enjoyed.

Well, Cancer Bats are first in my mind, their cover of a classic Beastie's tune is great http://youtu.be/QrlPuveLAAw

Then there were the Welsh giants with a great comeback album after the last poor attempt, picking a song of Fever is hard but it will probably be http://bit.ly/i1acNp

I'm kind of cheating really with the above as they were released in April and not technically before the 5th April 2010!

Continuing with the cheating then was an album which I played over and over again. Not only did it have some truly stand out tracks, it featured artists given an opportunity to break away from their normal roles. The writer and creator played one of my favourite Download Festival sets ever and proved that with a great singer - you only need Slash and nobody needs Axl.

I have many favourite songs on this album but the one I'm choosing is simply based on the video ;-)

http://youtu.be/X85UUDhZaCw

Also, I think Fergie would do much better in a Rock band than in BEP.

So that's it, the end of the 30 Day Challenge. I'm off to hunt for a new challenge as I quite like this writing lark.

Thanks for reading dudes and dudettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment