Wednesday 6 April 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 1

Best movie I saw in the last year.

I love movies, fact! I love them almost as much as I like music. Over the years I have accumulated a vast collection of VHS, DVD & Blu Ray copies of my favourite films. Some, as you will discover as we head through the next challenge, I have on all three formats!

Over the last year there have been some great movies.

Toy Story 3 for example which I have still yet to watch despite having it on Blu Ray. There was Inception, a film so hyped that although I enjoyed it, I felt a small amount of disappointment - too much hype can ruin and good thing.

There was The Expendables, a nostalgic throwback to all things 80's & 90's action and whilst I admit the dialogue is not overly impressive, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There was The Book of Eli, The Town & Salt, all of which were fabulous.

We also saw another year of the remake or reboot or reinterpretation, however the studios wish to dress up the money making scheme.

The A-Team - made for the cinemas - meh! 3 out of 5 in my humble opinion.

The Karate Kid, not remade with Kung-Fu, I really liked it and shock horror preferred it to the original - I never did like the Ralph Macchio character.

Clash of The Titans - whatever, dull, dull, dull.

So what was the best film I saw in the last year?

http://www.kickass-themovie.com/ 

Ever since the announcement of the movie I became taken by the premise. Normal guy, bit geeky, decides that someone, that is someone normal could be a super-hero. Simple idea, one that most children have dreamt about right?

The graphic novel & the movie then go through all the situations and emotions to prove that this task is hardly an easy one - if it was then wouldn't everyone do it?

The graphic novel was superb, leaving the lead character Dave fumbling around trying to fit in and well to be honest unlike the movie failing miserably. I loved the book a great deal.

The movie? It was fantastic!

The emotion throughout the film is strong. The action, the comedy, the style of the film are brilliant.

The actors play the characters so well and particularly Chloe who plays Hit-Girl really steals the show. There was controversy of course that a 13 year old girl could use such language, but she's much younger in the book lol

The soundtrack is moving and suits the film perfectly and I urge you to seek out the movie score not just the artist soundtrack.

Kick-Ass has become one of my top favourite films of all time.

Simply put I love it.

http://youtu.be/ymMOg_2yLuc

"With no power - comes no responsibility"

No comments:

Post a Comment