Monday 14 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day Nine

A song you can dance to.

When I read the challenges coming up I knew that this one would be, well, challenging. You see I don't really dance. I would rather headbang, stand still or just sit and chat whilst others close to me dance away the evening.

The other challenge is that most of the music I listen to on a regular basis is not really known for it's intricate dance routines.

I have often thought about learning to dance, I mean properly at lessons but to be honest after the baptism of fire that is Xbox 360 Kinect plus Dance Central I realised that my coordination for dancing isn't really there.

There of course songs that spring to mind here - James 'Sit Down' - I can do that! Most Indie songs - head down, swaying a little side to side, I can do that! The one where you sit on the floor in a line and rock side to side - I've done that (once!). Our wedding song - we danced to that - it's tradition you know!

None of these are really though proper dancing and I am certainly no Mr. TimberUsher.

So it's back to Kinect and one of the songs which my score isn't too bad on and yes you do actually have to dance.

It's also a very funky song ideal for a summer barbecue and sums up most guys dancing prowess - what a dated video though http://youtu.be/xy4FXhkm6Nw

2 comments:

  1. Dated video? It's more than dated Dude, it is medieval :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but you felt your dance moves coming didn't you?

    ReplyDelete