Saturday 19 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 14

No would expect.

Songs that people wouldn't expect you to like. Well I've already admitted to liking Glee, I mean what more do you want from me. I don't secretly like ABBA too!

So lets keep this one simple.

Every now and again I hear some music which still makes me move and isn't my beloved metal. One key example of this was the first time I saw Pendulum at Download in 2008. I didn't really know the music but still enjoyed The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers. So off we trod to see Pendulum - a dance band at a rock & metal festival.

It was such a strange and eye opening experience. In 2008 the festival did not have the best layout and the second stage was plonked onto a car park which essentially made sitting down a pain in the arse - literally. The crowd that gathered for Pendulum was enormous and when they started the entire crowd danced and bobbed like punters at Creamfields! Pendulum rocked hard, real instruments, catchy songs, vivid light show and great energy. To see the hardened metalheads dancing and I'm not talking about those of us who love the music but can put on a uniform or suit and blend, I mean the ones who live, breathe and can never blend (maybe that tattoo on your face will haunt you eventually, but you'll be a very cool pensioner), the whole thing was a great spectacle. No wonder they have been back since.

So my enjoyment of music which makes me move continues. Some songs are just catchy, I mean I like Jessie J's 'Price Tag' song and BoB's 'Airplanes', I even like Chase and Status (and some N-Dubz!).

But the one that I like the most and reminds me of the best Download festival ever where for the entire weekend we all sang this song and quoted Les Grossman (that's right kids, "Step back mutha-hubbard") http://youtu.be/KwXTrodgu-4 and ate beef Monstermunch http://www.megamonstermunch.com/.

http://bit.ly/6k2TEh "Player!"

1 comment:

  1. Apple bottomed jeans, boots with the fur-the flashbacks to that weekend never fail to make me chuckle; thanks for the memories! :-)

    ReplyDelete