Monday 21 March 2011

20 Day Song Challenge - Day 16

A song you used to love but now hate.

This is the toughest challenge yet as I genuinely cannot think of a single song which immediately comes to mind.

For most of these challenges certain songs have presented themselves almost straight away and despite some hesitation the challenge of choosing a track has been simple.

There are so many songs and artists I no longer listen to in all genres of music but the songs I like from these artists tend to be songs I still like and none have become songs I hate.

I already mentioned "Livin' on a Prayer" but this doesn't count as when the album came out I preferred other songs on it.

As for artists, I vary rarely listen to any of my hair metal favourites, Poison or White Lion for example. Both artists still have songs that I like and if I don't like a song, then I probably never did.

At this time of my Hair Metal days when house parties were all the rage, a sleep over, a bottle of Malibu or some Thunderbird (Red or Blue?). The music of choice back then was most often 'House' music, some Steve Silk Hurley, Fingers inc. or Farley Jackmaster Funk.

As I write about those early house parties and remember some of the other music which was played so often and there were certain groups which always managed to sneak into the party mix. I remember one particular group, Hue & Cry who for some reason at the time became extremely popular. To be honest I can only really remember two tracks; 'Looking For Linda' and 'Labour of Love'. I think I actually went to see them live too - doh!

Looking back at the music for this period and what became acceptable includes; Level 42, Bruce Willis (yep, he had an album!), Erasure, Bryan Adams, Prince (the awesome Sign o'the Times), Deacon Blue, I could go on.

There were of course rock and metal acts representing for the fans, Motley Crue, Anthrax, Whitesnake, Heart, Faster Pussycat to name a few.

So it is extremely difficult to pick a song that I now hate because to be honest I don't hate any song that I previously didn't dislike already.

So by the power of cheating and the magic of www.youtube.com I decided to reminisce some songs I don't choose to play anymore.

http://youtu.be/n2dORQp78vM - where's my vinyl copy? Hair metal is still so catchy!

http://youtu.be/pZb3Xya7jQ8 - Blackie Lawless - headlining http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/ this year!

http://youtu.be/BtR6IrvxeFs - loved the film, never really liked Dokken - had the album on cassette lol

http://youtu.be/Lr-OgG1A74c - what was I thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment