Thursday 11 August 2011

30 Day Challenge - TV Shows

Favourite Who Done It?

Once again with the madness surrounding us in the world today the question of 'Who Done It?' could not be more prevelant. It is a question that is on everyones lips and dominates everyones thoughts.

There is one terrible example in Birmingham of the needless death of three men simply helping their community mown down by an utter monster; leaving everyone devastated, speechless and with one buring question 'Who Done it?'

Writing these blogs seems at the moment to me a trivial act and yet it is also a way of maintaining normality whilst the events surrounding us swirl into the abyss.

I have talked in many blogs of my love of the C.S.I. series, the quintessential 'Who Done it?' shows. The way they create more and more unique and outrageous events never ceases to amaze me. In a show which has run for this long and has two off shoot shows it would seem an impossible task to keep things fresh and yet it seems to achieve this regularly.

The brilliant Luther recently shown on BBC reminded us that Britain can compete in the 'Who Done It?' world and that the BBC doesn't just bombard us with the tripe of the soap opera (sorry - I'm not getting on that soapbox again).

I think that today I will simply say that I thoroughly enjoy 'Who Done It?' shows; from C.S.I. to Midsommer Murders through Whitechapel and The Mentalist they have all been able to deliver consistent entertaining programmes.

My blog today is dedicated to those who lost their lives and livelihoods in the recent violence and destruction. Tariq Jahan is a man who has shown the world that Britain is not completely broken and we should be very proud of his bravery and dignity.





No comments:

Post a Comment