Monday 4 July 2011

30 Day Challenge - TV Shows

Favourite show from England.

Well I've harped on enough about my severe dislike for soap operas so it will not be one of those.

I have watched a view TV dramas in my years which I do or did enjoy. I was partial to A Touch of Frost where I thought David Jason played the character very well indeed.

Of course there was the master John Thaw as Inspector Morse which then spawned Lewis. I was never a huge avid watcher of these but the episodes I did watch were perfectly decent. The trouble for me is that most British Drama I have seen heads towards the Sunday evening level of drama, Midsommer style and it for me lacks the edge that our friends across the pond muster up.

There have been exceptions that I have watches, for example Vice with Ken Stott was very dark and twisted with great storylines and characters. Whitechapel was also a great series. Spooks managed for a long time to keep up with the Americans for thrills and spills but for me took the twists and turns way to far and way to often losing some of it's edge.

It is to these style of dramas that I turn my attention.

Firstly a glaring problem, the addressing perhaps of the proverbial elephant in the room. Law & Order: UK - seriously????? Total rubbish, a Law & Order embarrassment - I rest my case.

So back to dark & twisted. Flawed characters of course, thrills and spills, a brilliantly crafted, shot and acted piece of work. Pure far fetched madness - not a Sunday evening in sight.

The fabulous:

http://youtu.be/aEwrOnrlERY

No comments:

Post a Comment