Tuesday 17 May 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 28

Favourite Movie from favourite director.

I was originally going to choose Con Air for this challenge, then realised that the director of Con Air is actually Simon West who was also responsible for Tomb Raider - not my favourite director then!

So instead I'm going for the obvious director, the man who has brought us so many classic and great films.

Mr Steven Spielberg.

Over the years I have enjoyed so many of his wonderful films;

Close Encounters of the Third Kind was amazing when I was 4!

Raiders of The Lost Ark started one of the greatest trilogies of all time (I have chosen trilogy to describe the Indy films as the last one was pants! - Aliens - oh come on)

E.T. - still makes me cry!

Hook, Jurassic Park etc.

Schindler's List is one of the most moving pictures ever made.

My choice from the endless supply of brilliance is a film I saw at the cinema, that I own on VHS, DVD & Blu Ray.

It is a magnificent piece of cinema capturing the horror and sacrifice of war. The central performances are flawless and delivered perfectly. The beach scene stays with you forever. The soundtrack is sublime.

It has to be Saving Private Ryan. - A masterpiece.

http://youtu.be/wAFflPB29MU

No comments:

Post a Comment