Wednesday 11 May 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 26

A movie people hate, that I love.
This movie has divided audiences completely.

Two of my closest friends do not like this movie which I find a little bit odd, but each to their own.

Two other people I know think as I do that the movie has very funny and a great joy to watch.

It is at it's heart a love story, throw in some awkward characters including the obligatory dork, some game and computer sound effects including pac man, Atari, Mac and Nintendo, plus some cool indie music and of course Kung Fu. The dialogue is so fast paced and witty it's hard to catch up with some of the comedy, whilst I found myself laughing out loud at most of the film.

Not forgetting the comedy elements, Vegan powers, Chinese girl in School Uniform cliché, asian Bollywood dance scene - this proves to be a fabulously great film.

The performances in the film are also for me superb with probably my favourite performance coming from a Culkin brother - texting whilst sleeping - highly amusing.

The fight sequences are lavish and loud giving the film a real edge and in some places are brutal yet handled in a perfect gaming/cartoon way so as not to cause offence to viewers.

A band struggling tio make it and make the right choices is again a well trodden storyline for many films and real people so it is easy to relate to sections of the film.

The movie itself did not do very well at the Box Office but in truth this film is the classic underground movie, discovered by word of mouth and enjoyed by many and it'll be equally true, hated by many more.

Evil exes - defeated!

Of course if you didn't like the film, you could always read the original books http://www.scottpilgrim.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment