Saturday 7 May 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 24

Favourite Animation.

Animated films are great fun for both adults and children - FACT. I was once speaking to someone who stated that he could not stand animated films and thought they were juvenile and pointless. He is obviously very uneducated in this genre and has never seen any Pixar masterpieces.

Since being a child I have enjoyed animated films like Dumbo or Fantasia but truth be told I couldn't appreciate them until I got older. One such film was Aladdin where the songs were great and the comedy, delivered by Robin Williams, really took my enjoyment of animated films to another level.

Whilst I appreciate that children do love animated films it appears that nowadays and for some time particularly courtesy of Pixar these films have been made by adults for adults, children's enjoyment is just a bonus.

Pixar and Dreamworks have elevated these films to the mainstream and have delivered some truly amazing experiences, storylines, fun and sadness which was all started by Disney.

I have many favourites from Beauty & The Beast, probably my favourite Disney Animated film through to my favourite animated film - not yet, not yet...

Lets just remind ourselves of some truly superb animated films;

Toy Story - one of the best Trilogies made.

Shrek - what a brilliant first offering only to tale off as the series progressed (IMHO).

Wall-E - a stunning looking film which delivered a perfect story which on paper looks like it'll never work.

UP - moving and uplifting in equal measure.

There are so more to choose - all comments welcomed.

So what is my favourite well it's not a classic in the Disney sense.

I think part of the love comes from how well it is shot. The effort to produce some of the action sequences is second to none and rivals the Matrix for effects. Perhaps because I watched this film on Blu Ray the effort was magnified but even so it is brilliant. The blossom on the trees is almost real and this is from an animated film plus the expressive faces just amaze.

The storyline hinges on a subject that has always fascinated me and I like to see as many of these genre type films as I can. The comedy is extremely well delivered, no surprise considering the lead actor and the message of the story about believing in yourself and finding the true person inside of you is a classic.

Also, it has a great uplifting message for all out of shape people everywhere!!

http://youtu.be/VgU1Ayn2Cg8

No comments:

Post a Comment