Thursday 14 April 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 8

Countless viewings.

Too many to list plus some are being used for later challenge days.

For today then, I'm going to pick Blade Runner.

It's not just that there are about a zillion versions of the film that means I have seen it a zillion times. There is "The Final Cut (2007)", "U.S. Theatrical Cut (1982), "International Theatrical Cut (1982)", "Director's Cut (1992)".

To me the original Theatrical Cut is still my favourite, the voiceover, which many dislike, brings for me something extra to the film, like a good old fashioned detective film, Philip Marlowe style.

The film for me is a great taught thriller with some stellar performances particularly from Rutger Hauer and Harrison Ford.

For me Harrison Ford is one of my favourite actors, he can show all emotions. What I have always admired is the way he can capture pain and suffering as an actor, something he proves at the end of Blade Runner very well.

The final scene between Rutger & Harrison is one of my favourite all time scenes and I urge you to watch it.

http://youtu.be/KPcZHjKJBnE

http://youtu.be/ZTzA_xesrL8 - SPOILER ALERT - only watch if you have seen the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment